Retail Case Study
CM&B’s relationship with L.L.Bean began with a 17,000 SF tenant fit-up project at Garden City Center in Cranston, RI where we were engaged for building shell construction with the shopping center owner, The Wilder Companies. As is the case with many of our clients, our first L.L.Bean project grew out of a network relationship. Based on our successful experience in Cranston, CM&B was selected to complete the new L.L.Bean at Mashpee Commons in Mashpee, MA. This project was a complete interior demolition of a former GAP retail store and reconstruction of a new 3-level, 22,000 SF +/- L.L.Bean facility. Shortly thereafter, L.L.Bean engaged CM&B for a 2-level , 23,000 SF +/- new store fit-up in a regional mixed-use shopping center in North Bethesda, MD. Most recently, CM&B completed another 3-floor, 9,000 SF +/- new store fit-up at Yale University in New Haven, CT in a new mixed-use retail/residential building owned by Yale Properties. Our track record of success with L.L.Bean continues and we look forward to our next challenging assignment with this client. In addition to new store construction, CM&B has participated with L.L.Bean in design evaluations of their new stores for potential cost savings initiatives.
L.L.Bean – Cranston, Rhode Island
- 15,000-SF fit-up of new L.L.Bean store at Garden City Plaza and included an accelerated schedule
L.L.Bean – Mashpee Commons, Mashpee, MA
- 21,623-SF fit-up that replaced the Gap store at Mashpee Commons.
- A new floor opening was created on the second level for viewing to the main floor with a glass railing around the opening
L.L.Bean – Bethesda, MD
- Project is a 20,000-SF two story fit-up in the Pike and Rose Development
L.L.Bean – New Haven, CT
- 8,500-SF three-level fit-out of a new L.L.Bean Retail Store located in a new Yale University Dormitory buildingMas